In general, we’ve found that most fishermen don’t understand insurance and most brokers don’t understand fishing. When the broker is the one giving your information to the underwriter and negotiating on your behalf, this can be a bad combination.
We insure over 3000 fishing vessels on both coasts of Canada, so you can rest assured that you are dealing with a broker that understands the industry you are in and the unique challenges you face.
As a commercial fisherman, you rely on your ability to locate and catch fish. This involves an ongoing balance of profits versus expenditures, and since the potential of a devastating loss is extremely high in the marine market it is vital that you properly insure your operations. When properly run a commercial fishing business can be incredibly profitable, and an adequate fishing boat insurance policy, a properly maintained vessel, and a competent captain is a winning combination to achieve success in this industry.
At Nesika Insurance Services Inc. in Richmond, BC, we understand that no two commercial fishing vessels or captains are the same. For this reason, we customize our commercial marine insurance packages to meet the requirements of all types of the commercial fishing businesses. Call us today at 604-448-9196 for your free quote!
Fishing boats are a major investment. The brokers at Nesika Insurance Services want to help you safeguard the vessel that is responsible for sustaining your livelihood and will match you and your fishing vessel with superior coverage for all that your business entails.
Summary of Coverage
The commercial fishing insurance policies from Nesika Insurance Services make certain that you are completely covered in the event of misfortune. We insure commercial fishing vessels for damages and losses that result from the following:
- A total loss of the vessel or repairs associated with damages to equipment, machinery or vessel hull
- Missing vessels
- At sea perils, such as collision or stranding due to heavy weather; including expenses incurred for salvaging the vessel
- Negligence of Captain or crew
- Liability coverage for damage to other boats as the result of a collision
We offer protection and indemnity that provides valuable liability coverage for the following:
- Illness, injury and death as a result of vessel operation
- Medical expenses associated with the illness, injury or death of a member of the vessel’s crew
- Property damage or loss of people not on board the vessel
- Removal of wreckage
- Investigation and defense costs associated with claims and lawsuits
- Sudden & Accidental Pollution coverage up to the Protection & Indemnity Limit
Additional coverage options that you may want to consider include:
- Crew coverage for accidental death or dismemberment in the course of fishing
- Stock-transit coverage to cover product from the time it comes over the rail until you’ve been paid for your product
- Catch coverage for loss following total loss of the vessel
- Nets & Gear coverage while on land and for loss following total loss of the vessel
- DAS Legal Expense insurance to defend against fines, criminal charges, or fisheries and license violations among other things
- Commercial General Liability insurance for the liabilities that arise out of owning a commercial fishing company
It does not matter if you operate a single seasonal vessel or maintain an entire fleet of commercial fishing boats that thrive throughout the year, you need a complete and comprehensive commercial fishing vessel insurance policy from a broker that you can trust. With the countless exposures and risks that you face each day in the course of operating your business, you must ensure you are properly protected.
Of course, you do not want to pay unreasonable premium prices for the commercial fishing boat insurance that you need. You require a policy that will meet the needs of your fishing business while still falling within the limits of your operating budget.
Commercial fishing is consistently rated as one of the most dangerous occupations in the world and the risk of significant damage remains just as consistent. However, it is possible for you to manage your risk with an affordable fishing boat insurance policy from Nesika Insurance Services and put your mind at ease. We offer extensive coverage for you, your boat, your equipment, and your crew as a practical solution to bearing the costs of potential damage to in the event of unanticipated total loss.
Our goal is to assist the commercial fishermen of today in meeting the many challenges that they face by proving a commercial marine insurance policy that is specific to their unique needs. Tom Amirault was a commercial fisherman for twenty years, is a Transport Canada certified engineer and master, and actively supports improving safety standards for vessels and crew in the fishing industry. He has a unique understanding of your needs and is looking forward to assessing your needs and providing you with a quote for your commercial fishing vessel.
To obtain a free quote all you have to do is click on the quote request button and one of our expert brokers will contact you to put together your free, no-obligation insurance proposal.